What about Bee Sting allergy?

Contrary to popular belief allergy to honey bee sting is relatively rare: about 7 in a thousand persons is allergic. Of this proportion only a small percentage risks anaphylactic shock. Never the less bee venom treatment is always to be preceded by a test of sensitivity. A sensitive person can be de-sensitized to bee venom, thus allowing Apitherapy to proceed. AAS recommends that any one that uses or administers bee venom have readily available an Epinephrine kit to be used in case of anaphylactic response and know how to use it. Erroneously, many people consider swelling after a sting to be an allergic reaction. Swelling is a normal response of the body as are localized redness, swelling and itching.